Here’s a neat root for the excellent LG G2!
What is this?
This is a very simply and easy to use root package for the LG G2.
For now I’m calling it IORoot, despite the fact that it’s not really all that deserving of a name.
Which phones does this support?
Currently the following phones are supported by this root package:
- AT&T G2 (D800) – D80010d
- Verizon G2 (VS980) – VS98010B (Shipping ROM)
- Verizon G2 (VS980) – VS98011A (OTA)
- T-Mobile G2 (Shipping ROM)
- KT F320k (Shipping ROM)
- Rogers D803 (Shipping ROM)
- Bell D803 (Shipping ROM)
- Telus D803 (Shipping ROM)
- OPEN D802 (Shipping ROM)
How do I use this?
- Ensure you have the proper USB drivers installed, and your phone is in the proper mode (For Verizon, use Ethernet mode on the PC settings menu)
- Enable Developer Mode on your phone and enable USB Debugging
- Extract this zip file somewhere on your PC
- Run root.bat
- The phone will ask you to disconnect USB, disable USB debugging, then re-enable it and plug the phone back in, do so when prompted
- You will then be asked if you would like to have a superuser package installed, which you can accept or decline
Why is it asking if I want to ‘trip rootchecker’?
LG’s phones come with some software loaded that detects the presence of root on a phone, and invalidates your warranty.
Rooting the phone, by nature, voids your warranty. You can put your phone in a special mode where ADB shell has root permissions, however your phone is not technically ‘rooted’ by app standards.
You will not be able to use ‘root required’ apps on your phone if you do not let the root script install Superuser.
Okay, where do I get this?
See @autoprime‘s post here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show…&postcount=869
— OLD VERSION —
(Please comment if the link(s) doesn’t work.)
Thankyou All and Keep visiting us! We have a lot for you.